Monday, January 28, 2008

Blog

I learned how to adjust the voice and the sound for my i movie today. I feel pretty good about that. I learned from Peggy. Since I don't know much about the computer I always ask questions. I even ask some basic things like how to copy the link. Jamie and Jason helped me for that. I made the power point presentation about the Japanese school and used if for my class. I thought it worked well. Showing the real pictures of Japanese school, uniforms, students, classrooms, lunchtime and some school events really help for students to understand the culture. I have learned the following things after making several power point presentations. 1. The slide show should not be too long (20 pictures maximum). Dark room and long slide show are not good things for the sleepy students. 2. Always give students some worksheets and students have to find the answers from the show. 3. Ask questions, wait and after students answer give them the correct answer. 4.Find the interesting pictures.
5. Give students enough time to take notes during the slide show. I am still learning but I am getting better.

No comments: