Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing 26. Digital Image Collections

I went to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit on Saturday. There was a long line to buy a ticket and to enter, but I did not mind it so much. I rented the audiovisual help for $6.00. It is always nice to have some audio explanations about the paintings and the artist. Frida Kahlo's life was short but was amazing. I enjoyed going to the Walker Art Center and seeing the Frida Kahlo's paintings. I found the site, which show some of her famous paintings.I also checked the Minneapolis Institute of Arts collections and Metropolitan of arts collections on line. I like going to the museums and seeing arts. It is nice to be able to see some of the arts on line (although you do not get the real excitement of seeing the real thing). Minneapolis Institute of Arts has a teacher's day for the Japanese exhibit on March. Is anyone interested?
(Thank you Jamie.)

http://calendar.walkerart.org/canopy.wac?id=3156

No comments: