Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing 4 Get to Know Your Public Library


(Himeji Castle)
YES, I did visit Minneapolis Public Library and spent more than 1 hour there. I wanted to know more about the databases that my students can use for my Japanese classes. I found out that you need to have the library card to use their databases and of course you need to have St Paul Public Library card to use their databases. I don't have the St Paul Library card so I have to get one (or I have to go there). I heard (from the Reference person at the desk) that if you have the St Paul Library card, you could still use Minneapolis Public Library's databases after you type in your St Paul Public Library's card number on line.
Another thing I found out is that MPLS Library has the Manga Club, called "Tomodachi", which meet like 5 times and talk about your favorite manga and Japanese culture and enjoy Anime movies. (I will give this information to my students.) I did not find much about the reliable databases for students studying Japanese. I need to inquire about this in different places, I guess.

No comments: