Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thing 21 You Tube and More




I hate to admit this but I did not know about You Tube till my student told me about this. One day my student said to me,
"Have you watched "Hana yori dango"? I had no idea what she was talking about. "Hana yori dango" is a Japanese TV drama; the story came from "manga". And that student showed me how I can watch this Japanese drama on You Tube. Now I am hooked on You Tube. You can watch various Japanese TV show on You Tube. Believe or not, students are learning a lot of Japanese by sitting in front of computer. My IB student talked about famous dog called "cyuuken Hachikou" in her IB test. She also learned about this by watching You Tube. Her Japanese was very good. It is amazing how young kids learn things these days. Especially when you are learning foreign language, You Tube (or other similar things) helps. I will explore other video services later on.

1 comment:

Kita Vang Her said...

I'm glad that your students can learn so much from You Tube- I finally used it to show a short video clip for History class-I'm still hesitant to use it-perhaps we can talk more about Youtube.