Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing 36. Social Networking


Here are the things I found out from my daughter about facebook and myspace. She tells me that facebook makes it really easy for her to keep in touch with her friends outside of the state and outside of the country. She can talk to her friends from when we lived in San Francisco, talk to her friends from Edina, and even talk to her friends who do not live in the United States. On her facebook she also has applications such as games where she can compete with her friends. She showed me that one of the applications, dogbook, made it able for our dog Lily to have a mini-facebook where she can have normal facebook friends and dogbook friends.(dogbook friends????) She also has photos of our dog in her albums so that our other daughters(who are in California) can see Lily. (See above picture) She also showed me that there are two ways of talking with friends one on one. There is a public way where you write on their wall and there is the private way where you send them a message. She tells me that on myspace it is harder to find the people you are looking for and that the layout is very different. She tells me that myspace is more like a blog because you choose the color of your font, your background, and the type of font or background you have. She tells me that you can also join different networks. She belongs to her schools network and when she decides which college she is going to she will then join that network as well. My daughter's name is Natalie and she is very resorceful about this topic. And she loves her facebook.

No comments: